Issuing a Violation Notice
If a building permit  is not obtained, a violation notice and order of compliance is issued which orders the violator to come into compliance.

Filing a Suit in Court
In cases which cannot be resolved at the administrative level, an ordinance violation suit may be filed in the Circuit Court by the Civil Division of the State's Attorney. Fines and compliance are usually sought as part of this third method of enforcement.

For More Information
If you have any questions or would like more details, please contact the Building and Zoning Department at (815) 599-0344.

Get Notifications
Stay up to date on what`s happening in your county.

Sign up for Notifications